Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Invasion of the furry kiwis...

Nope, not that the flightless birds from New Zealand invaded our homes, but more of the fruit variety...


Every year, around this time, we will be sent an email in the office asking if we want to order Zespri kiwi fruits (as our sister agency is representing Zespri). The price would be cheaper than usual market prices and this year, I bought two boxes of gold kiwis (as I find them sweeter than the usual gold ones). Kiwis are also the best sources of Vitamin C and I recently read that a survey shows that insomniacs can shorten the time they fall asleep by 39% if they persist in eating two kiwi fruits one hour before they go to bed for one month. Just nice for me as I need loads of Vitamin C, and hopefully can keep me tossing and turning at night from the increasing weight on my tummy...


As Wayne and I wanted to ensure that the two boxes of 66 kiwis don't go bad in the summer heat, we emptied our fridge of alcohol and mixers, and the kiwis basically took up our small fridge. The poor fridge that does not normally see much foodstuff inside (other than canned drinks, alcohol, fruits, biscuits...junk basically) started "sweating" on the insides from going into sudden overdrive, haha...

(Digressing, I actually had the chance to get up close with the global Chairman for Zespri, Craig Greenlees, as part of my job of doing PR work for New Zealand companies when NZ and China signed the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) in April this year. He was a kiwi fruit grower himself before taking on the position at Zespri, and certainly made for an engaging media interview candidate...)

No comments: