Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, April 17, 2009

Home Alone

The nanny left this morning. I could understand her decision to join her husband in Inner Mongolia, and we bade her farewell. Luckily Wayne was still around preparing to go to work when Rosabelle woke up early this morning at 8:30am (did she have the sixth sense that Ayi was leaving and wanted to bid her farewell? When I carried her up, she kept looking downwards on the floor where Ayi usually sleeps, and looked around the house when I carried her into the living room...hmmm..could be me imagining things.)

After Wayne helped to change her diaper, it was just me and Rosie - the longest time I'll be home alone with her whilst Wayne is at work. She was such a dearie - played for awhile with me before drinking milk and going back to sleep. I decided to clean the house up (Ayi does this every morning) - swept the floor, wiped the furniture and bathroom...and she was still sleeping! So I tried my luck and warmed up the fish soup from last night for lunch...she woke up - after two solid hours of sleeping.

Luckily, she cooperated, and again enjoyed her Fisher Price seat (though her position at the seat last night wasn't very lady-like...):



I managed to finish my lunch and wash the dishes before bringing her out for 45 minutes of fresh air (in Beijing, not so fresh...) and afternoon sun (since she missed the morning sun). Downstairs, on the way back, a guy asked me the brand of her pram, as he wanted to get a gift for his new-born nephew - heh, see, told you Quinny Buzz gets alot of attention.

After I came up, Vanessa and Rachel, as well as Manna and her baby girl Wan wan, also came to visit us. They brought their girls for a swim and had lunch before coming up. I mentioned Manna in a previous posting of our
company trip to Tokyo, and she was then 3 months pregnant (I was 6 months pregnant). Her daughter came out on 12 Jan, and is now 7 kg already - very cute!

The three girls aren't at that age where they will play with each other yet, and the mothers were kept busy carrying and nursing them. There was a blissful 5 minutes where each of them were occupied at their own toy station (I felt like my house is like a mini Gymboree with different activity stations!), but it wasn't for long, of course - it gave me enough time to wipe the pram after our afternoon walk.

However, before they left, we managed to get a group photo of the three ladies looking pretty in pink, and Rosabelle acting like a 大姐大with one hand on each mei mei - is this sweet or what???

To detract a little, on the topic of sweet things, I have two friends who are expecting baby number two (you know who you are!) - one's unplanned, the other's planned, but no matter what, heartiest love and congratulations. I can't wait to see the little ones!

Just as Vanessa and Manna were leaving, the agent brought two potential nannies to see me - I had to quickly tell them there is only one baby to take care of, and not three, haha! Not very pleased with this agent's selection - one of the nannies even touched Rosabelle's hand before washing her own - deduct marks for hygiene!

Anyway, Rosabelle has just fallen asleep again (her late afternoon nap), and I am waiting for another agent to bring more nannies to me...sigh, hope we get a good nanny for her, or I will have to delay going back to work further.

It's only awhile more before Wayne gets back, and he can then feed her my EBM, and we can bathe her. So far, so good... thank goodness Rosabelle is a good girl, tee hee hee.

I'm looking forward to the weekend where we will start looking for her own bed (she now sleeps with me and poor Wayne sleeps in the guest room as I wanted her to slowly get used to the place and perhaps to the new nanny before putting her in the same room with the latter). At the end of the month, after she turns 6 months, she is also ready for weaning - will start on cereals first so will need to buy that as well (I can't cook so the nanny absolutely must have experience with weaning foods).

New milestones for our girl...exciting times ahead!

1 comment:

Gloria~ said...

Rosabelle's 大姐大 look is sooooooo funny~..
the three pink ladies look soooooo cute