Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, April 24, 2009

Hoot, hoot...like a night owl

Rosabelle fell asleep only at 2:30am last night, sheesh! She slept at close to 10pm, and just as I was wondering what to do with the free time on my hands, she woke up after 15 minutes, and kept Ayi and I awake for awhile more (Daddy had to surrender as he had to go to work early the next day).

I had to take a quick nap in between and could hear her shouting and ‘singing’ loudly all the time. Ayi told me she was looking for me and shouting to see if I would pop out somewhere from behind the door or sofa as I usually would when playing peekaboo with her. When I carried her, she was grrrummmp and chewed on my shoulder, right until Ayi gave her a cold teething ring and she was relieved.

We put her on the Fisher Price chair and rocked her, thinking the gentle motion would lull her to sleep, but she instead got even more excited! Just as well she slept late – she did a big poo at 1:40am, her third in the day. Ayi thinks it could be the pear, banana, or spicy food I ate. The spicy food could also have caused her outer ear to itch and she scratched till it bled and was slightly weepy (thank goodness for Hazeline Snow).
I think the Fisher Price chair has some sort of laxative effect. As we put her on the chair every time we have our meal, she will poo. Almost 8 out of 10 times. It could be the position she’s in is conducive for a poo, or we could be looking at a toilet-trained infant who thinks the chair is a toilet bowl.
Amazingly, she woke up at 8:30 am this morning, after only 6 hours of sleep and we took her out for a morning stroll before the winds came up (hope she takes a good, long nap now, or she will be grouchy when my ex-colleagues come along this evening to visit). Can't wait as I haven't seen them in awhile, but hope the number of folks visiting doesn't cause her to get all hyper and sleepless again - she cannot afford to be grouchy for her vaccination at Amcare tomorrow morning (Hepatitis B Jab 3/Meningococcal Jab 1).

Update: Both the mattress and bed came yesterday and Wayne was kept busy DIY-ing. Once we finish airing it, we should be able to set her up over this weekend!

No comments: