Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Not Goldilocks

I'm 1.63m tall (though my delusional 1.55m mum insists she is taller than me...), so I can't imagine what it'd be like if I came face-to-face with a 1.70m tall dark, furry, pot-bellied bear...

Why the strange fairytale dream?

Well, because my ex-colleague Lillian, came to our house briefly on Sunday evening to say 'Hi & Bye!' to Rosabelle before we adults headed out for dinner, and she gave our girl a 80-cm tall Gund Sugar Bear. Grooowwwwwllll....
When we opened it up for her the next day, Rosabelle kept turning away whenever we wanted to put the bear near her, and would shake her head when we asked her to pat it. It took her a day to warm up before she would go near the bear, and she would keep exclaiming 'Bear bear!' whenever she sees it, pretending to offer the bear whatever it is she's holding (before quickly and cheekily turning away if I lift the bear's paw up to take it from her).
That's her with a very Americanised bear (it's wearing the US flag, what do you think...).
In other news, our girl, aside from now learning how to mimick her farting noises (something that I am highly amused with), has picked up how to pretend to burp. When we ask 'How do you burp?', she will give a resounding 'Gak!' sound, just like how the nanny would mimick her whenever she gives a loud burp. Oh dear, how unlady-like, tsk tsk...

No comments: