Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Did I just spend 4 hours on this?!

I’m a keen follower of certain blogs and sites, and when Super Kawaii Mama (amazing inspiration that SAHM does not give reason for dowdiness!) recommended this makeover site and warned that it could be highly addictive, I made light of it. Well, let’s just say that I could have better spent my last FOUR hours catching up on my precious beauty sleep!

Taaz lets you update a profile photo (I took my passport pic), and will make sure it has all the details right by letting you adjust the points where your eyes, face/hairline, mouth/teeth, eyebrows etc, down to where your irises appear, so it’s not just some random make-over.

First off, you can choose a shade of foundation – the below swings extremes when I chose the lightest and darkest shade – Ghostly vs Barbecued, wahaha!
Now with the right shade of foundation (and concealer, yes this site is that detailed), we go on to rosy cheeks. It even allows you to choose the angles/area you want the blusher to go on. Gaaak! Too much, too much – looks like I am suffering from a bad food allergy, or I got slapped!
So, after choosing an appropriate mix of blusher, I go on to the eyes, the soul of the face that experiments with eyeshadows, liners, eyelashes, lenses, and eyebrows. There are so many colors and ways of mixing/aligning the eyeshadows (even the intensity of the shimmers) that I had a hard time choosing, but you can be sure I did not end up with these!
I decided to do away with liners, as I’m not into heavily made-up, but check how thick, moss-green fake lashies look on me – don’t I look more like I belong in an algae jar? Buwahaha! Too transvestite-looking for me, so I skip the fake lashies too…
Next, on to eye colour. I usually wear brown-colored lenses, so I figured I should try something different – with the reds; conjunctivitis anyone?
Or looking like I could spew foam at the mouth and grow fangs and bite limbs off little children at any time with the yellows?
So, blue it is, to make me look like a fake ‘ang mor (Caucasian).
Next, on to lippy time. A case of too Hot vs too Cold…
And then a nice balance in the coral shade I settled upon, with nice liner to boot. I even chose to plump up my lips to the maximum (nothing unnatural like Daisy Duck), and whiten my teeth, haha!
I had great fun with hair time! I’ve been real lazy, and have not had a trim in 7 months! Coming from somebody who did her hair colour every 8 weeks, and had a trim every 6 weeks in the past, this is totally unforgivable…but my stylist is in town, and it’s a chore to get down all the way and see him, and my hair is growing out ok…well, no excuses, I need my haircut soon, but in the mean time, I experimented with different dos that allowed you to don different actresses’ styles. The styles sometimes look weird because I’m supposed to load a picture that has my hair tied up, so my own long hair can be seen at times, hohoho! However, it allows you to flip and adjust, which I’m too lazy to do, and even experiment with hair colors (think highlights and lowlights!).
Afro queen… A Gwyneth Paltrow Bob that makes me look like a dog…
Curls like Simba, king of the jungle – ROOOAARRRR!
Romantic bangs and curls…
Oooh, somebody’s looking Mumsy…
Why do I look like Pan Meichen?
This in reality is someone’s hair, not a wig, though it looks hideous on me.
This strangely looks like me when I used to have coloured hair – when I did not comb my hair, that is…
I know which hairstyles do NOT suit me…
Hmmm… I seem to be inclining towards curls…
This is something I could live with, heh!
So that’s the end of my rather minor make-over, hoho…but I did something drastic with the first make-over, seems more like make-down than make-up with the horrible outcome! It finally allows you to put on sunglasses, but I did away with the make-over above since I wanted the make-up to be seen. This one below's just for further laughs...
Fun aside, this is a really useful site for those of us who wonder if we look good in the newest shade of lippy/eyeshadow, or with a different hairstyle/colour, or even with that pair of shades. If you like what you created, you just click on 'What I'm wearing' to generate a list of the make-up used so you can get individual items at stockists, or via the site. Nice...
However, one grouse is that probably due to its precise measurements and the calculation time, the effects took quite long to download on the face at times, especially when you have just adjusted the coordinates for the hair, but I’m not complaining. It’s pretty fun… and who said you needed to stop at makeovers for yourself?
In the true spirit of this blog for our daughter, here is a disturbing look at how grown-up Rosabelle can be (that’s her passport photo taken at 3 months old, by the way) – haha, doesn’t she look so fei chit-chit?!
(Disclaimer: Both Wayne and I find it highly unnatural for our girl to be this made-up, so don’t start thinking I am going to paint her with wayang colors from now…she’s still cutest au naturel, heh!)

No comments: