Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, June 26, 2009

To market, to market...

Well, more like supermarket, that is. The babies in the yard are always drinking green bean soup from the bottle, to fight the summer heatiness, and yesterday, the supermarket within my apartments was having half-price sale of green bean - no wonder I saw people buying sacks, and when I went there to see, the whole green bean container was already empty. (Today's offer is for cucumber - yes, that's how housewifey I have become - arrghh!)

Anyway, I was paying attention to green beans as the nanny said I could buy some for Rosabelle to eat - we always like to let Rosabelle try new, nutritious foods, like today, when the nanny added white fungus my mum brought over from Singapore into her soup. And though she had previously disliked the taste of papaya, when we let her try the fruit again yesterday, she loved it! So, I believe in letting her try things that she had previously disliked after a period of time - we might have gotten her when she was in a foul mood.

Today, Wayne had a day off and we brought Rosabelle out for a quick trip to a shopping centre, Solana (as it was too hot/humid outdoors), and this is her guarding her packet of organic green beans (about 7 times the price of the on-sale green beans from the supermarket within my apartments). Oh well, I figured she can't eat much every time, so this small lot should go a long way...the things we splurge on these days...

No comments: