Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Backtrack 23: The hard knocks of life

(Delayed posting due to swine flu.)

There, I did it (again) on 24 May. Rosabelle was standing at the sofa, I had one hand under an armpit, and my leg was on her other side, but when she fell in the direction of my leg, I was not fast enough and though my leg (and the playmat) cushioned her fall slightly, there was a loud heart-paining ‘DOOONG’ as the side of her head hit the floor and the nanny rushed over to see what had happened.

My heart skipped a beat and she cried for at least a minute – poor girl, there was a slight red spot on her scalp where she landed, and the nanny said she is indeed a tough girl for not bawling inconsolably. I was so worried and asked the nanny if I have caused any damage to my child, and said we must monitor for any nausea or drowsiness. I must be even more vigilant to stop causing such hurt to my poor girl, sigh… Sorry, darling Rosie.

No comments: