Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Backtrack 24: Damn you, swine flu

(Delayed posting due to swine flu.)

On our walks in the morning of 27 May, one of the babies’ mums told us that the fruit seller in our neighbourhood was diagnosed with the virus. Two other mums confirmed the sources, and even though it could be just speculation, I’m not taking any chances and am not daring to frequent the shops and restaurants around the fruit stall (and asking the nanny and Wayne to also stay away from the area). I don’t even dare to order fruits from another seller in the vicinity, just in case they have had contact with the affected person.

Sigh… I ended up buying Zespri kiwi from another stall at RMB23 for a punnet of 3 (only to have Wayne tell me Walmart is selling it for RMB5.50 each – darn!).
This sickening swine flu is affecting me in more ways than I thought, and seems to be making its way into other countries. Hope the situation really gets better.

No comments: